The government have published a new Transparency Code for Smaller Authorities.This is to cover, among others, Parish Councils whose turnover is less than £25,000.
Of course, the turnover of Waterbeach Parish Council is rather more than that so the code does not directly apply to us. However, we believe that it is a good basis from which to work.
We list below the items in the code (paragraph 10) and provide links to the information where it is currently available on our website.
- all items of expenditure above £100 (all payments of over £100 can be found in the reports submitted to all Council meetings)
- end of year accounts
- annual governance statement (note that all information about the audit can be found here).
- internal audit report (see above).
- list of councillor or member responsibilities
- the details of public land and building assets.
- Minutes, agendas and meeting papers of formal meetings